, , , ,

One would think that after ten days of not being able to use my computer for the internet that I would have this giant update for all of you. I am sitting here and I am so full of things to talk about that I am not even sure where/how to start, but I will give it a good try.

First, I’ve been pretty bad about my walking. I finally went for a two mile long walk today but it was the first time in ten days that I had done so. I was busy-ish unpacking boxes and putting things where I want them. So, it wasn’t as if I was completely inactive, but I wasn’t as active as I could have been. Definitely not as active as I should have been. I’m changing that though. Unfortunately as soon as I am ready to change that there is tropical (storm? depression?) Bill who is going to be headed my way and dropping about three or four inches of rain and generally preventing me from walking.

I was wanting to get a gym membership for just this reason, but that is going to have to wait a couple more weeks at least until I can get that taken care of. I don’t entirely mind that at the moment. Some of my stretchy exercise pants are wearing thin on the inner thighs and need to be replaced. I’m never going to be in possession of a thigh gap, so that’s just something that I’ll have to continue to live with.

Secondly, I’ve been rather naughty about my fluid intake. I am not sure if I have been getting enough but I am willing to wager due to my calf muscles cramping when I woke up this morning, that I haven’t been. I’ve been slacking off as far as the food journal goes. Though I am happy to say that I have corrected that and started up the food journal again. It isn’t as detailed as I was getting before I stopped writing in it. I am still going to be using MyFitnessPal to track my calories starting tomorrow now that I have my internet back. I’m also happy to say that my current fluid intake for the day is sitting at about eighty ounces and the day isn’t over yet.

Last but certainly not least. I finally experienced an issue post-op. It was my own fault, I either ate too fast to heed the warning sign or I just wasn’t paying attention, or I pushed too hard in order to get the multivitamin and calcium at the end of the meal, but I ate too much and my stomach filed a formal complaint to the porcelain god. It happened twice in two days. The first time around it was while I was drinking my afternoon protein shake. The second time was right after I had a sizable lunch. I actually posted a photo of said lunch I believe. If not I will post it now.

The doomed Lunch, like the Titanic of meals.

The doomed Lunch, like the Titanic of meals.

It’s not the same sensation vomiting post-op that it was pre-op. It is not nearly as violent or acidic. I’m not saying these things to be overly descriptive, but just to give my perspective to anyone reading this who is worried about vomiting post-op if they haven’t had the surgery before. It’s not ideal, it’s not something that should be shrugged off, and it shouldn’t happen. It’s not a normal side effect and it was entirely my fault. But it’s not the end of the world and I would really describe it more like regurgitation rather than heaving or puking.

With that happy little thought, I am going to close out this post. I will likely post more tomorrow.