I will admit that I haven’t been the best about posting like I wanted to when I first started this blog and like I keep promising to be better about. But there was absolutely no way that I was going to skip posting today of all days.
One year ago today I underwent my gastric bypass surgery. I could focus on the negatives, I could, I could lament the fact that I haven’t been 100% compliant, or that I’ve stumbled a little. I could even whine about the deep longing I still sometimes feel when walking past a display of cupcakes in the grocery store. But, I am not going to, instead I am going to focus on the positives today.
It’s time to count my blessings.
- One year ago today these jeans were tight on me.
- Now when my son says “race you” I can actually run and at the end I am not gasping for breath like a fish out of water.
- I no longer have that moment of anxiety about fitting in movie theater seats.
- or booths when I go out to eat.
- I can shop pretty much anywhere I want for clothes and they’ll fit… (can’t afford some places though, still waiting on winning the lotto).
- When I walk by people and they start laughing, I no longer worry that maybe they’re laughing at me.
- I can do my job, before there’s no way I could have physically stood all eight hours without pain.
This plus so much more that I have to be grateful for. But I think what I am most grateful for today is that I am looking forward now with hope. I didn’t have that before. I was always lamenting the present. Now? Now I can’t wait to see what this next year holds for me.
- Heaviest Weight: 294
- Weight at Surgery: 271.5
- Current Weight: 159
- Total Lost: 135